Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Life and Times of a Chicken Noodle Soup Making Bibliophile

I'm totally buggin' today. I'm not used to my Husband being gone. I don't think I'll ever get used to it. It's not like I don't have enough to do here at home. I have plenty to do! It all just seems weird when he's not home and I get a little down. We talk constantly on the phone and stuff it's just not the same.

Yesterday I went and did my shopping and my sister was kind enough to go with and help me. It's a little difficult with two babies and a cart load. Being the bibliophiles we are I bought 9 books. Mostly classics. Adventures of Tom Sawyer, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, A Wrinkle in Time, Secret Garden, ect. I also got John Grisham's 'Playing for Pizza' and The Alchemyst: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott. I also got a book for my oldest about animals in the ocean and my sister got her Charlotte's Web. I'm quite excited! Although, I'm going to need a bigger book case soon. In time I plan to have a seperate room where the walls are built in book cases so I can just have my own library. Plus, my book store. I love it!! I'm getting all happy just thinking about it! I love books!! See what a good influence they have on me?

I need to go vacuum and so I can bring the vacuum and broom back upstairs so I can finish cleaning the kitchen so I can start making my chicken noodle soup. Yum. There's nothing like home made chicken noodle soup on a nice fall day. Even if the temp. went up to 68 and needs to desperately go back down to 61..

1 comment:

Kathy said...

hahaha! I am making turkey noodle soup tonight!! I also made & canned applesauce today, prepared & froze beans & went to the Farmer's Market & bought oodles of fun foods to can & stuff. My home smells of Fall...oh how I love the Fall season!! Almost as much as I love books!! Yesterday rocked my socks. I am still working on my blogule about yesterday. I totally understand the missing the hubby thing. I don't think I'll ever get used to it. Can't wait for another book buying frenzy. Enjoy your din din